Wednesday, November 02, 2005

Long candidates for a potential bull run

If the market really is going into a bull run, I want to have positions in the current leading small-caps. Here are my favorites:



I'll also be closely monitoring the symbols on my watch list from this weekend. I have already put on long positions in several from that list already.

Gorden Gekko at The Knight Trader and Budd Foxx at The Visual Trader alerted me earlier this week to a couple of compelling buy candidates: BEAS, and a very interesting stock chart that may turn into a great mover, TRE. The coverage these guys provide is very helpful to me during bull runs.

6 Comments:

At 11:22 AM, Blogger Gordengekko said...

Jon-

Once again thanks for the plug. Add BMD to the list of long candidates. BMD has a very good looking chart.

GEKKO

 
At 11:26 AM, Blogger Gordengekko said...

Jon-

NGAS looks interesting here going into Winter. The stock is huggin the 50 dma.

 
At 6:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Damn. Nice call on XWG.

 
At 6:59 PM, Blogger Gordengekko said...

anonymous-

As a general rule you should know as a trader you don't hold a stock going into earnings. Especially on swing trades. Nobody knew XWG was going to lower guidance. John have a look at ANSW as they reported good earnings tonight.

Gekko

 
At 9:22 AM, Blogger jontait said...

Well sorry if anybody else lost money on XWG over the last couple days. That is what money management rules are for, so stuff like this doesn't take you out of the game.

 
At 10:27 AM, Blogger jontait said...

And let me say something else, XWG is still above the price where I first posted about it back in July and began my trading in it!

Even with the loss today in XWG, I am still up overall in my trades in that stock. If you are a serious trader, you know things like this 40% overnight drop happen. No indicator works all the time, whether it is fundamentals, technicals, insider buying or whatever you want to take the time to look at.

/me wipes the egg off my face. Look at CVO, up over 20% since I posted about it this weekend. Or how about VPHM, up over 10% since my post this weekend. I have positions in these stocks too.

And besides, I don't "make calls" here. This is just my trading strategy journal. This isn't tips or advice or anything like that.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home