Monday, August 29, 2005

Watch list for week of 8-29-05

I have no idea what to expect from the market this week because of hurricane Katrina, but being way net-short the market I am well positioned to deal with a thrust downward by the nasdaq composite. The T-bond yield spread has narrowed further last week, which has bearish implications for the market, however there is a good chance that the fed will not raise interest rates anymore this year due to the impeding New Orleans crisis. My plan is to play it by ear, and when positions get too risky I'll reduce my exposure by passing them to someone else. The market really does work like a game of hot potato.

Here are the interesting charts spit out by my market homework software this weekend:



I'm going to try to do some book reviews and trading tactics discussions on the blog over the few weeks to keep things interesting while the market gets cheaper. If anybody wants to discuss anything in particular, post a comment or drop me an email.

5 Comments:

At 4:09 PM, Blogger jwu said...

awesome picks today! did you custom write your software or is it like a stock screen?

 
At 4:19 PM, Blogger jontait said...

Glad you like the watch list JWU. You are correct on both counts. I wrote the software myself, and it is like a stock screen. I got sick of using all the other screens out there that only told me about stocks AFTER they broke out.

 
At 10:27 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've been watching that yield spread and curve myself for a while. I'm betting we'll see a bit of a inversion coming if oil keeps climbing.

Tom
www.dbreakfast.com

 
At 9:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'd be interested in seeing a discussion on scaling in and out of positions.

 
At 5:23 AM, Blogger Prophet Fire & Audra Mairead said...

Check out our controversial song. It's like Eminem and Fiona Apple wrote about Hurricane Katrina with a razor blade on the apathetic arms of America. Is She too numb to notice? You can't pick up the cd at your local Mega-Mart. This song is to mainstream radio what blogs are to mainstream media. Few will hear it and even fewer will understand it. Will you? www.HearTheRevolution.com

 

Post a Comment

<< Home