Sunday, August 07, 2005

Watch List for 8-8-05

Here are the interesting stocks from my market homework software this weekend. It's no coincidence that the list keeps getting shorter and shorter, the market is extended to the upside and probably right around the corner from a significant correction. Anyway, check it out:



I did find an interesting short setup. Its worth mentioning, but maybe not worth trading. Anyway, SPTN has had a strong volume sell-off, followed by a weak volume rally. The shape of the recent rally is very "arch" shaped, Jarod and I call this the "waterfall" pattern because stocks will often get completely blown away for days when this pattern resolves, and it looks like a waterfall.

XOM and GOOG are also at technically interesting spots, so I'll be watching them this week too.

Finally, an update on the market homework software website. I've been out of town to attend weddings for the last two weekends and spent last week with my girlfriend, so I haven't made much progress lately but its not on the back-burner or anything. I'd like to have it finished by the end of the year, but the site could go live much sooner, it depends on a lot of things.

For any new readers who don't know what I'm talking about, I've written a piece of software that I use to make my watch list each night. I tell it which stocks I'm interested in trading, and it tells me everytime one of them is basing, or near a low-risk-buy price area. Almost all of the stocks I talk about on this blog come from the watch list I make from my market homework software. I'm turning this software into a website so that my friends and readers of this blog can use it too, but it is a big project so I've decided to post my watch lists each weekend until the website is finished and everyone can easily make their own.

1 Comments:

At 11:01 PM, Blogger Roberto said...

I look forward to your software release. I want it!! Check out gotfranks Taxi 1.5 very nice stuff. Keep up the great work.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home