Sunday, July 24, 2005

Watch list for 7-25-05

Highlights from the results of my market homework software this weekend:

ANTP
FORD
GOAM
PACT
AIRT
IRIS
MDRX
ENN
DSTI

These stocks are all pulling back and are likely to offer low-risk entry points at some point over the next week. I'll probably keep posting these lists on the blog each weekend until I finish integrating the software into a website and people will be able to easily make their own custom lists like the one above each night. Unfortunately I won't be finished with the site for at least a few more months, but it will be worth the wait.

Last weekend's watch list had 2 huge winners, SPIR and DXPE, both of which were up over 75% from Monday's open at some point. I caught the entire move in SPIR with a 2 lot position =) None from last week's list were down more than a few percent.


P.S.
I wanted to add that the list is short this week for a good reason. Not too many stocks are in pullback mode right now with the market bid up quite a bit lately. I probably won't be doing much buying while the nasdaq is so close to this upper-channel line.

3 Comments:

At 11:10 PM, Anonymous Joe said...

Hi Jon ... I'm a new reader -- nice blog. You should consider an XML feed from Feedburner or another provider! Of all of this week's picks, AIRT looks pretty sweet based on chart analysis (i.e. Bollinger Bands). Any thoughts on this contraction indicator?

 
At 11:25 PM, Blogger jontait said...

Joe,

Thanks for the positive feedback. I've just got the default XML feed from blogger, but I'll look into Feedburner.

I definetly find Bollinger bands useful, but I don't use them as often as I probably should. The bands have a very narrow spread in AIRT right now, so that might suggest some volatility in the near future. I like buying cup shapes on charts like what AIRT has now, especially when they have ascending lows. All of this suggests to me that AIRT may be putting in a near-term bottom.

Do you have any good books on Bollinger bands to recommend?

-Jon

 
At 7:07 PM, Blogger Gordengekko said...

Jon-

Keep RACK and RNAI on the radar for Tuesday.

Gekko

 

Post a Comment

<< Home