Wednesday, July 27, 2005

Five interesting charts for 7-27-05

My homework software came up with these five symbols tonight. I thought they looked compelling enough to follow over the next few days. There is definetely a commodities theme, so this doesn't necessarily conflict with my bearish stance right now.

ABLE

ANTP

BOOM

CAAS

VLFG

VLFG is not marginable (less than $5), so normally I wouldn't bother with it, but my guess is if I buy it right it will become marginable that same day (close above $5). If buy it and I'm wrong, I'll just close out the position before the market closes. I'd also like to point out how similar VLFG's chart looks to XWG near $6 at the beginning of this month before its huge runup. I posted XWG's chart right before its recent >100% run-up, so you can compare the charts for yourself. I also took a position in XWG shortly after that post =)

3 Comments:

At 10:44 AM, Blogger Tim said...

Would NFLX be considered a triple cup base (before breaking out yesterday)?

 
At 10:47 AM, Blogger Gordengekko said...

Jon-

Great call on XWG. They just released earnings today and raised forward guidance so they could run it up to FORD levels soon.

Gekko

 
At 10:57 AM, Blogger jontait said...

tman,

Good eye. It looks like all the buy and sell points of the triple-cup base will work on NFLX, so yes it could be considered one. It isn't the most well-formed base on the block, but its tradable.



GG,

Too bad I already dumped my XWG =/ The low hanging fruit has already been picked there I think, at least for a little while.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home