Monday, June 20, 2005

A watch list for Monday morning

Back from vacation. Luckily I missed a dull week in the market. I saw on CNBC that crude made a new high, yet it was my shorts that stopped out, not my longs over the last week (the only long I stopped out on was TZIX). The longs I've got look bullish right now and the naz has shown some resilience, so this coming week will be interesting. I thought I'd get back into my groove by posting my watch list for tomorrow. The long candidates are all near key moving averages and look like low-risk setups except for DSTI. And by low-risk, I mean if you think the nearby moving average looks like support, you could get long and put a stop just under the moving average so you won't lose much if you're wrong. The moving averages I'm looking at on the charts for these stocks are the 10-day, 20-day and 50-day simple moving averages. I may not make any trades tomorrow, but I'm prepared either way =)

Long candidates:
SINA
BOOM
DCAI
GOAM
PACT
CWTR
ECIL
PTMK
DSTI

Short candidates:
AAPL
SBUX

2 Comments:

At 7:01 PM, Blogger Gordengekko said...

Welcome back Jon. We picked up the slack while you were enjoying the Florida Sun :-) Let me know if you have anything on the burner. SPIR was a monster today and we jumped in.

Gekko

 
At 9:27 PM, Blogger jontait said...

Geez I hope you made a killing in SPIR!@ I've got it on my radar now =) BOOM doesn't look too bad right now...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home